1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Green Deer Capes

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by PubGChris, Jul 2, 2021.

1. PubGChris

PubGChris New Member

Where in the world do I find green deer capes? Everyplace I have contacted, sells tanned only capes. I'm looking to use the dry preserve method with stop rot and having a very difficult time acquiring deer capes. I know they are easier to find during hunting season, so I may have to wait until then. :(:(

2. drob

drob Well-Known Member

Post this in the wanted section,you may have some luck!

3. 13 point

13 point Well-Known Member

I would rethink the Dry preservative . In todays world it is just as easy to tan it , read up on both and you will understand the difference especially when it comes to longevity on climate conditions and holding details . You should plan on thinning cape as thin as possible if you do go the DP route, if you can’t thin it even tho it should be , you should go the pickle, paint on tan route .

4. 15pt

15pt Well-Known Member

Alabama
    Man needs green capes and gets a speech about why he doesn't need them.

5. Lance.G

Lance.G Well-Known Member

I have 2 smaller capes green. Great condition 7x17x18. I’ll do $100 + shipping for both. I’ll pm you my number if interested.

PubGChris likes this.
  6. 13 point

13 point Well-Known Member

Just trying to give a new person some good info , if you read all I said, never said not to . If you don’t like what I have to say don’t read my post . Don’t see you ever helping , but I always see your dumb ass comments . Go figure.

if this post was anywhere else but beginners, I would have never posted what I did . Not that I have to tell you that.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2021
    jessewild likes this.
  7. PubGChris

PubGChris New Member

I'm interested